Make A Difference Monday 7th March
LET’S PROTECT CHILDREN IN UKRAINE
The children of Priestmead Primary and The Welldon Park Academy have voiced they want to do something to help the conflict escalating in Ukraine.
With our Trust’s commitment to UNICEF’S Rights for all children, we want to make a difference.
“The whole child population of Ukraine, 7.5 million children, are now at risk as the conflict continues to escalate. With explosions in major cities across the country and thousands of families being forced to flee their homes, UNICEF is calling for an immediate ceasefire.
Hundreds of thousands of children in Ukraine have already been affected as the conflict in the east of the country enters its eighth year. As the conflict escalates, many more children are at risk, and thousands of families have been forced to flee for safety. Homes, schools, water supplies and hospitals have been damaged. Explosives including landmines are a daily threat to children’s lives.”
UNICEF they have three key objectives:
- We are helping to provide families with access to clean water and nutritious food.
- We are helping to make sure that child health and protection services are sustained.
- We are working with our partners and the UNHCR to assess the refugee situation across neighbouring countries.
LET’S MAKE-A-DIFFERENCE MONDAY 7TH MARCH
So on MAKE-A-DIFFERENCE MONDAY 7TH MARCH, we are asking all our children, families and staff to wear something BLUE AND/OR YELLOW to show we stand with the children of Ukraine and ask for any donation you can spare, to help make a difference. Please share this in your workplaces too so we can make a wider, community contribution. Our collective donations can help fund:
- Raising £32 could help pay for a large first aid kit for a health worker.
- Raising £46 could help provide a family with an emergency water and hygiene kit.
- Raising £80 could help pay for school supplies to help at least 20 children continue their education in an emergency.
The Pegasus Partnership Trust